Pages

Jan 16, 2014

Scrapbook Process: RSVP by Basic Grey!

If you find yourself behind in your Birthday layouts or cards, Basic Grey has once again made a versatile kit that is perfect for both. It's the RSVP paper line, and this week I am highlighting this lovely kit, courtesy of  Leslie at The Memory Nest Store and the Blog.

 
Papers included, Side A

Love these B sides!

Here is how I started my layout:  The left of this next photo shows previous 8-1/2 x 11" pages that I wanted to redo in 12 x 12 size, along with the reprints of the focal photos that I want to use this time around.  

I chose this combination of paper for the page:


Oh, and check out January's Pagemaps at pagemaps.com; their sketches this month are SO fitting for this paper kit!  This is the one that I selected:


Here is the start of the layout process incorporating three photos instead of just the one as shown on the original sketch:    



Normally I don't utilize stamps for layouts, however, I had a Hero Arts stamp set with a cupcake motif that was perfect for this particular page! It was time to practice with my Bic Mark-Its (plus a Copic blender pen). I am not a alcohol marker pro whatsoever, so in this case I stamped the image three times so that I could practice color combinations and choose the one that worked best. 


The complete layout:  This page also includes items from the RSVP Mixed Brads, available separately from the paper kit (but a must-have!):


Here are some closeups of the embellishment areas. Aren't the pinwheels cute? Oh, and notice what I did with the title - I was out of "E's" so I substituted with "3's" turned backward.  It fits the whimsical feel of the layout, don't you think?


This is a closeup of the finished cupcake, colored in with Bic Mark-It markers.  The Copic blender pen was used to soften the lines of the two-toned chocolate frosting. As a special touch, the frosting was highlighted with a Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll Pen.


Have you had a chance to use this paper kit yet?  If so, leave your blog page link in the comments below so that we can see your creations!

Come back tomorrow for a special announcement and on Saturday to see a super simple birthday card that was created from the RSVP kit!  

No comments:

Post a Comment