Pages

Nov 12, 2013

Scrapbook Process: Soccer Layout with Dapper Dan

For the month of November, my design team challenge for The Memory Nest was to use the new "Dapper Dan" collection from Glitz.  This collection, available from The Memory Nest store, came with 12 patterned papers (two of each style), accent sticker sheet and alpha sticker sheet.  There is also arrowed Washi tape available separately, which I highly recommend (it's versatile enough to use for many other pages!).  Both the paper kit and the Washi are on sale this month at The Memory Nest!

Glitz is unique when it comes to their paper collections - they take current trends and put their own individual twist on them - they often look very different than the other paper debuts during the same season.  It's the same case for their "Dapper Dan" collection.  Glitz grabbed a hold of the mustache trend and added bold geometric patterns and woodgrains for a fun, masculine theme.

The challenge to myself was to take this collection and add my own twist -- to use it for pages that aren't dictated by the paper patterns itself.  For instance, I thought the colors really lended itself well for a soccer-themed, two-page layout:




For these pages, I used a few of my own miscellaneous sport embellishments from my stash (top of the second page).  The "Just Be Cool" card is from "Dapper Dan" that I had already purchased locally. 

Please hop over to visit my YouTube page here for the "Dapper Dan" kit reveal, plus process videos of this month's projects!

Throughout this month I will be posting two additional layouts plus a card made with the kit. The final layout will be completed after this month -- I will be doing a special page dedicated to my hubby's mustache that he is currently growing for the Movember  prostate cancer awareness month!

Thanks for visiting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment