Pages

Jun 4, 2013

Scrapbooking Process Video: 6 x 6 Paper for 12 x 12 Layouts

After organizing all our family's digital photos in one place, you can imagine that I found some real treasures.  The below layout is now one of my new favorites.  My hubby was trying out a new lens back when Josh was three years old, and these are a couple of the photos that came from that little mini photo session.


For this layout, I used three 6 x 6" sheets from an old Sassafrass pad. This pad had so many bold and crazy prints, but I was determined to challenge myself!  I chose a striped pattern and pieced them together on black cardstock, leaving a "hole" for two photos and embellished around them.

The video this week shares some of my tips on how to use 6x6 papers for your full page layouts:




Bonus projects:

With this same paper pad, I finished a card using a Tim Holtz Sizzix die for the card edge and some flower stickers from my stash.  A great card for one of my cool, hippy-type friends:


Finally, a "junk" layout -- using wilder patterns and a variety of miscellaneous diecuts and handmade embellishments from my stash that I wanted to use up.  I suppose you could call this one "eclectic":



I am sharing my creations this week at:
http://thememorynest.blogspot.com/2013/06/whimsical-wednesday-6-share-layouts-and.html

How can you challenge yourself today with 6x6 paper?

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas in your video, Angie! I like how you built those layouts. You've got my mind working now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Love the top layout - what a cute lil boy. and is that him grown up in the other layout. Great card too. Thanks for linking up to Whimsical Wednesday! I am going to have to watch the video later! :)

    ReplyDelete