Pages

Oct 6, 2012

Pin Made Creations: World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day!  I am dedicating "me time" this weekend to make cards with the rest of the paper craft world!  I started last night (woohoo!) and to get the mojo going, I thought I would try Pin-making a couple cards I repinned on my "Cards I Must Make" board on Pinterest.

Here is my first card.  Below the card is the original post with the original card:


See original card here: Sarah's Just Visiting

I loved the border on Sarah's card and since I couldn't replicate it exactly, I put my own spin on it and then flipped the sketch.  

The second card got me going on my Cuttlebug, which I need to use more often.  This was a vertical card, which I should do more often too! 


See original card here:  Simple and Sincere

Jen is a Stampin' Up rep and she has many gorgeous stamped cards on her website, in addition to many card sketches!  My card doesn't do justice to hers, but I loved the sketch.  I want to add a ribbon on it, but am refraining because simple is good.  

Finally, the last one I did last night:



See original card here:  Splitcoast Stampers - Wendy


I think this is my favorite of the three. This card took me the longest to finish; I was determined to use paper scraps and it took some time to find scraps and coordinating inks in my stash.

More to come -- I'm on a roll and I desperately need a variety of cards for my stash.  A good reason to celebrate all weekend, right?

There are so many beautiful cards and ideas on Pinterest!  Remember to be courteous: if you Pin-make anything you see on Pinterest, give credit to the original poster/blogger.  Notice I didn't put my watermark on these photos, because even though I put my own spin on them, they aren't necessarily my original work.

No comments:

Post a Comment