Pages

Jun 24, 2012

Card Making Process: Trying out Washi Tape

I just picked up the new July issue of Cardmaker -- LOVE that magazine!  I went right to work on a couple of the ideas to make my own simple cards.  

The first one I "scraplifted" was from page 34 that was made from the popular Washi tape.  I didn't have much tape here at home but had a small package of three colors that I could try with this card.  I went with a khaki card instead of their white option:


I love ribbon, and I think that this Washi tape is going to be my next addiction!  So fun and easy!

The next card I chose to recreate was from page 36, called "Scrappy Birthday."  I did a little twist on it, and this is the result:


I used papers from the Garden Party matstack from DCWV and thought it followed their theme well.  

This July issue has so many projects I plan to try -- good thing it is summer time so I have more free time to make cards and fill up my stash again!


No comments:

Post a Comment