Pages

Jan 21, 2010

Frugal Scrapbooking: Scraps, Scraps, Scraps!

As a scrapper, I love playing with paper. I am also thrifty, and I don’t want to throw away ANY paper. Like most scrappers, I have lots of small pieces that I just cannot part with.
I shared this my sorting idea with the gals at Crop-n-Chat, because it works so for me. I took me a couple hours to get this system set up, but it has save me a lot of time from searching for a certain scrap of paper or just giving in and cutting into a large piece of paper which then creates . . . . more scraps.
002
This is my scrap drawer in my rolling cart. I have about a dozen zippered bags with scraps sorted by color. (Blues are sorted by light, medium, dark and bright, since I use a LOT of that color!)
003
On the side of this drawer are 12” long scraps in different widths that I can use for borders on my 12”x12” pages.
Cost of the project – the price of one box of small Ziploc bags.

1 comment:

  1. i need a system that works like yours, dahlink! maybe i'll give the ziploc baggies sorted by colour a shot - right now they're in 3 bags right now - one is smaller strips of solids (for matting smaller images and sentiments), one is bits and pieces, and one is larger pieces. it's just too chaotic!

    glad i'm making you lullz, girlfriend. and i agree that you are DEFINITELY an "avid scrapbooker, card maker, memory keeper, and ARTISTE"!

    ReplyDelete